We are looking for a Facility Manager to oversee all building and property maintenance to ensure that the facilities are safe and well-functioning. The Facility Manager will need to work well with a variety of people and should be able to effectively delegate work.
- Develop and coordinate plans for evacuations and drills.
- Plan capital improvements
- Responsible for scheduling of maintenance team and oversight of maintenance tasks
- Develop a plan to maintain parking areas
- Work with property managers and vendors on building maintenance and repairs
- Maintain cleanliness and inventory stock
- Assist with office moves
- Meet with facilities team on a weekly basis to discuss outstanding projects, areas of concern, gather ideas for potential improvement etc.
- Assist with light maintenance such as hanging pictures, or assembling small furniture
- Respond to email requests relating to facilities related questions and respond to work orders in a timely manner
- Engage with end-users to ensure a high level of satisfaction with the overall appearance and functionality of the work space
- Knowledge of building functions such as HVAC, plumbing, and lighting
- Understanding of alarm, access, and surveillance equipment.
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance procedures.
- Experience managing and developing direct reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to lift up to 18 kilos
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent
- Degree in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field