Job description for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
As the CFO, you must be energetic, experienced and comfortable engaging with people. You will be responsible for all financial services and ensure the company follows all policies and regulations.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic CFO to join our team. The CFO will oversee all financial and accounting operations and will be responsible for all financial services, including financial systems, reporting and controls. The CFO will ensure the company follows all fiscal policies and regulations and will actively provide leadership across a broad range of company issues.
- Manage and coordinate all financial reporting and budget activities
- Deliver accurate and timely financial data for analysis and business decision-making
- Develop and implement innovative and financially sound strategic initiatives
- Provide recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior management, outside auditors, corporate counsel, and the financial community at large
- Manage timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, practices and financial control
- Ensure adherence to all compliance requirements for financial reporting and processes
- Propose and implement improvements to financial systems
- Analyse available cash and financial demands to develop investment strategies
- Provide strategic financial guidance and operational support
- Provide development opportunities for direct reports and other team members
- Analyse, refine and forecast financial data in real time and on a periodic basis throughout the fiscal year
- Identify and source new growth opportunities
- Develop a standing financial reporting process and produce regular and ad hoc reports on key financial data
- Collaborate with other department leaders on risk management strategies
- Other duties as required
- Comfortable with talking to a wide variety of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- MBA or equivalent experience required
- 10 + years of related on the job work experience
- Experience managing staff and developing job and productivity expectations and standards
- Experience managing day-to-day financial operations
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Demonstrated competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team leadership, management and people skills.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective team leadership
- Ability to effectively present information to people at all levels within the organisation, including senior executives
- Previous success training, motivating and managing a top performing finance team
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of situations requiring judgment and poise
- Actively provide leadership across a broad range of company issues
- Previous experience in advising the CEO and other executives on corporate financial and business strategies
- Ensure that financial transactions, policies and procedures meet corporate short and long-term objectives
- Grow the business through annual and long-range planning as well as future business development opportunities
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Lead all aspects of financial transactions, including recapitalisation of debt, acquisitions, divestitures, and company sales transactions
- Lead business intelligence through analysis of financial and operational data to improve business outcomes
- Attracts and retain key talent and assist in developing and mentoring future company leaders
- Performs other duties as required
More like this
As the Construction Manager you must be responsible for creating and maintaining all site budgets and schedule all construction from start to finish. You must have a comprehensive understanding of the industry with a proven record of successfully managing other projects.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of changing market dynamics, and overseeing the planning of the company’s marketing and advertising initiatives. By developing the corporate marketing strategy the role is best fit for a strong business acumen.