Job description for a Construction Manager
As the Construction Manager you must be responsible for creating and maintaining all site budgets and schedule all construction from start to finish. You must have a comprehensive understanding of the industry with a proven record of successfully managing other projects.
We are looking for a Construction Manager. The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing construction to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met. The Construction Manager will have a comprehensive understanding of the construction industry and be able to assume a key leadership position within the company by directing all construction activities in an independent manner.
- Responsible for quoting, creating, and maintaining all site budgets and accurate forecasting of future costs
- Develop personnel and subcontractor resource plans to meet project requirements
- Provide direction to the pre-planning and execution of project plans
- Inspect and ensure work is in compliance with legal requirements and building codes
- Plan and schedule all construction activities from start to finish
- Keep daily schedules current and maintain a timely flow of paperwork
- Conduct pre-construction meeting and final presentation
- Oversee the construction using inspection forms, plans and procedures
- Maintain records of all change orders, purchase orders and inspections
- Approve all invoices upon satisfactory completion of the job and approve all deliveries for quantity and condition
- Manage the bidding, buyout, and subcontract negotiations as General Contractor for all aspects of the work.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven record of successfully managing construction projects to ensure on-time, on-budget results
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Familiar with cost accounting, budgeting, and contract implementation
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of construction contracts, and contract documentation
- Knowledge of construction laws and regulatory environment
- Thorough understanding of industry safety procedures and protocol
- Advanced skills working with spreadsheets and be able to conduct construction budget analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural, or related degree preferred
More like this
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of changing market dynamics, and overseeing the planning of the company’s marketing and advertising initiatives. By developing the corporate marketing strategy the role is best fit for a strong business acumen.