It may as well be the recruitment buzzword for 2020 as the industry deals with the repercussions of a candidate-driven market.
And while you can’t magically conjure up candidates for an open role, you can focus on delivering the best candidate experience to the ones you do attract.
Here’s where JobAdder’s new PowerAdder Efficiency Dashboard comes in.
A typical agency’s recruitment process looks like this after advertising an open position:
- Internal interview
- CV submit
- Client interview
How long do your recruiters take at each step of this process? What causes a longer than usual time in a stage? What implications could this have on your time to fill roles?
A review of each stage of your recruitment process can be done in two ways:
1. At a job level: How long does it take the job to reach each of the stages?
2. At an application level: How long does it take an applicant to move through each stage?
For example: On average, for each consultant, how long are candidates sitting in an Applied status? Which consultants are good at getting back to candidates? How long are candidates stuck at the client interview stage? Viewing that client or company can help you to see where the bottlenecks are to the final offer.
Let’s look at a few examples across the hiring process.
1. If candidates are sitting too long in the screening stage, one possibility could be that consultants are not getting back to them quickly enough with a response.
2. Let’s look at the CV submit stage. A longer than usual time for applicants to be sitting at this stage could be a result of misalignment with client expectations, despite recruiters getting CVs out the door quickly. Too long in this stage would also risk candidates being offered interviews elsewhere.
3. Within PowerAdder’s Efficiency Dashboard, the client interview stage can be viewed from two angles:
a. By Consultant
b. By Company
Candidates sitting too long at this stage can result in a poor experience as they are waiting too long to be notified of an interview.
Recruiters then run the risk of the candidate being offered another role in the interim, if they are stuck waiting for an interview.
4. Looking at your numbers for days to reach the Placed stage can provide that first red flag. If your days to place is too long, you could use this to begin reviewing the other stages and do a deep dive into where the bottleneck(s) might be.
When recruiting in a candidate-driven market, your efficiency can make all the difference when it comes to time to fill and subsequently filling a role.
Imagine being able to develop a successful framework for getting candidates quickly through the hiring process, simply by replicating what your most successful recruiters do. PowerAdder’s Efficiency Dashboard can help you find these insights.
A data-driven approach enables you to quickly determine where improvements need to be made so you can supercharge your recruitment efficiency.
Get PowerAdder today and start clearing up your recruitment process bottlenecks.